Certified Scrum Product Owner CSPO
Learn how to understand your customers, manage a product backlog, and deliver value to your customers. Become a great Product Owner.
Earn a CSPO certification from Scrum Alliance and become an effective Certified Scrum Product Owner. With the CSPO training, you will learn the essential skills and responsibilities of the Product Owner, including working with the Scrum Team, managing product backlogs, prioritizing User Stories, and acting as the representative for customer value.
This class introduces key aspects of Agile and the Scrum framework, and focuses on the Product Owner role. As a member of the Scrum Team, the Product Owner is the business and customer representative and has responsibility for driving the development of products that customers love. We use several innovation frameworks during the training class so that participants develop experience in using them successfully for their job.
Ready to start your CSPO training?
Become a CSPO
The goal of the class is to empower you with the key mindset and tools to lead the development of new products in your organization. The trainers have worked in a variety of product management roles across industries that span Financial Services, Entertainment, E-Commerce, Web Development, Consulting, and Telecommunications. They share real life stories about product successes and failures, provide a practical perspective on the job that goes beyond theory, and offer insights on how to overcome typical obstacles in creating great products.
- Overview of Agile frameworks and Scrum values
- Scrum foundations
- Roles and responsibilities of a Product Owner
- Discovery techniques
- User Personas
- Product Vision
- Manage a product backlog and refinement
- Prioritization techniques
- User Stories, Features, and Epics
- Effective use of Sprint workflow to drive activities with the team
- Plan a sprint and a release
- Characteristics of the Product Owner role
- Organizational contexts that affect the PO
Taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), this class takes participants through a series of interactive workshops where they learn the responsibilities of a Product Owner, and apply first-hand the principles of Scrum. The CSPO certification attests the ability to act as the Product Owner in an organization , and successfully apply prioritization, vision, User Story grooming, and customer-centric feedback to any product.
What our students are saying
"Great course to learn about the PO role as well as strategies and tools that PO could use in daily job"
"Really enjoyed each hour of the class. Very well distributed across different topics. Specially covering not only Agile but also modern product development and management concepts like design thinking and human centered development" - Manu
"As a foundational course, this was amazing! Lots of valuable insights in just a couple of days :)"
"There are tremendous benefits to Agile Product Management in bringing successful products to life" - VP HR, Compensation, Benefits
"Miro and Socrative, Zoom breakout rooms made it interactive; lots of visual aids too!"
Ready to get your CSPO certification?
What's included in the registration
By participating in this course, in addition to a life-changing understanding of Agile and Product Management, you get (included in the cost of registration):
- Course workbook with exercises and worksheets (digital PDF format for virtual delivery)
- Certification as Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) upon completion of the requisite training materials
- Two-year membership to Scrum Alliance
- 1 FREE coaching session for support on becoming an effective Product Owner in your workplace for 6 months after class
- 16 Scrum Alliance SEUs/PDUs
You also get a peek into our book Deliver Great Products that Customers Love. In class we use several of the frameworks explained in the book.
What you will learn
The goal of the class is to empower you with the key mindset and tools to lead the development of new products in your organization. This class covers all the required Learning Objectives for CSPO training, including:
- Scrum foundations
- Product Owner role and core competencies
- Describing Strategy, Vision, and different levels of planning
- Difference between delivering outputs versus outcomes
- Understanding customers and user needs with discovery activities
- Understanding the Problem Space and the Solution Space
- Validating product assumptions
- Various techniques to build prototypes and MVPs
- Managing the Product Backlog and prioritization techniques like MoSCoW, Impact-Effort mapping, and WSJF
- Writing User Stories and best practices
- Estimation based on level of effort using Story Points
- Planning the Release and defining a Roadmap
- Measuring value delivered, metrics, OKRs and Outcomes