Certified Scrum Master CSM
Learn the foundations of Agile and Scrum. Become a great Scrum Master.
Earn a CSM certification from Scrum Alliance, learn the Scrum framework, and become an effective Scrum Master. This training course teaches the foundations of Agile, key aspects of the Scrum framework, and focuses on the Scrum Master role. As a member of the Scrum Team, the Scrum Master is the expert in Agile and Scrum practices, and helps the team improve its productivity by properly adopting the Scrum framework.
Learn the Scrum framework, its relationship to Agile, and the essential skills and responsibilities of the Scrum Master.
Become a CSM
The goal of the class is to empower you with the key mindset and tools to lead the adoption of Agile principles and the implementation of the Scrum framework in your organization. The trainers have worked in a variety of Agile and product management roles across industries that span Financial Services, Entertainment, E-Commerce, Web Development, Consulting, and Telecommunications. They share real life stories about product successes and failures, provide a practical perspective on the job that goes beyond theory, and offer insights on how to overcome typical obstacles in creating great products.
- Why Agile?
- Agile frameworks and Scrum values
- Scrum workflow
- Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Retrospective, Daily Scrum
- Scrum roles: Scrum Master, Product Owner, Development Team
- Coaching and facilitation
- Refinement activities
- Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog
- Exam preparation
Taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), this class takes participants through a series of interactive workshops where they learn the responsibilities of a Scrum Master, and apply first-hand the principles of Scrum. The class prepares participants to take the CSM exam. Received upon completion of the exam, the CSM certification attests the ability to act as the Scrum Master in an organization , and successfully implement the Scrum framework.
What our students are saying
"One of the best trainings I’ve had, it’s interactive and I’m very involved" Brian - August 2020
"I’ve done a lot of these trainings, and many of them were not that good. I’m surprised, this is very good." David - August 2020
"I just wanted to sat that I really enjoyed the course last week - it was a blast!" Chris, London, UK - July 2020
"Your class was the best ever!! I thoroughly enjoyed it and actually remember the subject matter because of the way it was presented." Joyce - April 2020
"Just wanted to say thank you so very much for your fantastic class – it was so helpful not only from a CSM prep perspective but in general for helping me to think of ways that I can help transform my organization, especially our HR department! I am proud to say that I scored a 100% on my CSM test " Rich - April 2020
What's included in the registration
By participating in this course, in addition to a life-changing understanding of Agile and Scrum, you get (included in the cost of registration):
- Digital copy of the course workbook with exercises and worksheets
- Eligibility to take the Certified Scrum Master exam to become a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) upon completion of the requisites
- Two-year membership to Scrum Alliance
- 16 SEUs/PDUs with the Scrum Alliance
- One coaching session 1-on-1 on implementing Scrum in your workplace for 6 months after class
What you will learn
You will gain a practical understanding of the roles, artifacts and events of Scrum, via hands-on exercises, discussion, fun games, and simulations.
- Agile: the Agile Manifesto, Agile VS Waterfall, the mirage of productivity, Agile planning, Scrum values
- Roles: Scrum Master, Product Owner, Developer
- Events: Sprint, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective
- Artifacts: Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Product Increment
- Agile practices: prioritizing your work, establishing a Definition of Done, refinining your Backlog, collaborating with the Product Owner and the Organization, monitoring progress and increasing productivity, technical debt, servant leadership